let's see how this goes
temerity | tuh-MAIR-uh-tee | noun : unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger or opposition : rashness, recklessnessI don't think I have any temerity.
Except, maybe, how I sometimes treat or abuse my relationship with Nick. Sometimes I try to push him so hard, so much out of his comfort zone, and that can be characterized as a reckless, rash. I don't know why I do this...I do crazy things and yet he's still here (maybe because we both have our names on the lease and he has nowhere else to live =) ). Maybe because deep down I don't know if we're right for each other, and I'm trying to see how far it will go before he decides it's enough. Of course, he's not perfect either, and there are other problems in our relationship that I have not spoken of, and probably never will.
I think right now we are clinging to each other because it's safe, because it's known, and because we are living together. Neither of us knows how to talk about it, and avoiding the issue is something both of us can do with ease. The future is scary, especially when a major change is imminent.
However, I have decided that I need to get more out of life than I am right now, and to do so, I need to actively work on it. So have a good Sunday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home