Thursday, March 15, 2007

A busy week

So this week has been pretty busy at work. I've had to transfer plants from the holding tubs to the experimental tubs, and then also prep the germination tubs for the next (real) round of plants. There's so much I have to think about all the time, and I'm getting sick of thinking about work when I first wake up in the morning up until the end of my work day or even right before I fall asleep.

Also, my boss called me in for a meeting about my probation. He said that even though he wanted to continue to weekly meetings, I wasn't on probation anymore. He said that before he thought I wasn't being proactive about the project, and that I also wasn't a team player in the lab. The latter part took me by surprise. I mean, when was that ever up for debate? I always helped when it was needed, and I talked a lot to my coworkers. And seriously, when had Allen ever spent any time in the lab himself? I think he expected me to be happy about not being on probation anymore, but I was just mad that he insinuated that I didn't like helping out in the lab. What a load of crap!

Yesterday, Nick and I had a nice dinner out (I had chicken paillard with rosemary-lemon-caper sauce and broccoli and potato puree while Nick had a pork chop with bacon butter, yams, and broccoli) and watched the performance of Romeo and Juliet. It was a stripped-down, minimalist staging, with only 6 cast members. Also, at the beginning, audience members picked which cast member played which role. So, Juliet ended up being a man. An older man. A man who kissed Romeo (also a man) a lot. A lot of people left during the intermission. I don't think they could take this alternate staging. I still don't know how I really felt about it myself. However, I think it stems from my dislike of the play itself, and not the staging. I wasn't ever a big fan of this play, or of the infamous Queen Mab speech made by Mercutio.

Lastly, I want to say that I went down with Nick for his mother's birthdaythis past weekend. And I survived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home