Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dreams

I will be trying to update more often because I know how frustrated I feel when I check blogs and they haven't updated in a long time. So today, I got a packet in the mail. Now why is this interesting? Because it was from the Design Institute of San Diego. I had totally forgotten I'd requested the information packet. It suddenly is now this tangible sign of my burgeoning interest in pursuing my love of interior design.

The thing is, is that I have a lot of doubts. I mean, I can't draw, I have no background in interior design, and IT'S NOT SCIENCE. I mean, if that last thing there isn't enough to stop me, I don't know what is. I've been on a science track since 5th grade. I've looked down on non-science majors (especially communications). I don't know if I'm brave enough to take this step. But I really want to.

The weird this is that my mom didn't really voice any disapproval for my wanting to study interior design. She just told me to find out information about financial aid and housing and whether I could file as an independent before I'm 24. Maybe it's because now I already have a B.S. in a scientific discipline. But I have a feeling she might wonder whether she's paid my way through college for nothing. I wonder that myself.

But hey, now's the time to try to catch the edge of that dream, right?

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM , Blogger Sylvia said...

This is the time to pursue your dreams with abandon. I look forward to seeing some of your designs. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home