Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yoga, etc.

So I started yoga yesterday. This is evidenced by my sore, overly stretched muscles and shiny new pink yoga mat (courtesy of Target). I think that yoga is a little bit too New Age-y for me, with my skeptical scientific background. When my yoga instructor starts telling me to let the healing mist from my open heart envelope my body and let it resonate within me, I have to start inwardly coughing. I mean, come on! But I am relaxed after the stretching hour from hell, so I guess I shouldn't say too much.

Work was okay today, Jessica and I cleared about 51 plants from the greenhouse. It came to 9 trashbags' worth. Crazy. I tried not to get too grossed out everytime I stepped on a tomato and the seeds popped out. Yuck. It grosses me out just typing that because I can visualize it in my head.

The funny thing that happened today is that I saw a bumper sticker that said, "I'm a Cope tiger and made the honor roll at Cope elementary." Somehow that isn't grammatically correct, which is kind of sad if you're trying to brag that you're an honor roll kid. My mom or dad would never stick a bumper sticker on their cars, even if it proclaimed "My daughter is the first Asian female President of the United States of America." Sad, isn't it?

I am looking forward to the weekend. Nick and I are seeing "Man of la Mancha" at school. It's based on Don Quixote, which Nick liked. For once he may get jokes that I won't get. We're trying to be all cultured...maybe I will even make him take me to the Ansel Adams photography exhibit at the Crocker. Also, we're seeing "Romeo and Juliet" on the 14th. And! If I can get tickets, we're also going to see the opera "Pirates of Penzance" in April. It's to make up for missing "Carmen" tonight. Yup, that's right. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home