Tuesday, April 03, 2007

L.A.

This past weekend I was decided to drive home with Nick since it was a three-day weekend (Thank you Cesar Chavez!). I wanted to surprise my parents and Connie so I didn't tell them I was coming. They were all surprised but I think Connie had the reaction I was looking for.

My dad:"Oh...I didn't know you were coming"
My mom: "I thought you might come home this weekend!"
My sister: "Sharon?!! What are you doing here? I thought you said you weren't coming home until May!"

It was also really nice to see Annika. She came running out after her bath but stopped short when she realized Nick and I were there and then hid behind Connie's legs. So cute! She hadn't seen Nick in almost a year, but she warmed up to him quickly, pointing to him when we asked "Where's uncle Nick?"

The next day, after lunch with the always funny Syl, we went to the California Science center. I hadn't been there since high school, and it was pretty much the same as I had remembered it. We watched a cool 3D IMAX movie about the deep sea (I treated myself to an icee) and then went to the special Star Wars exhibit. Nick was really excited to see all the models and costumes from the movies, but I was much more interested in operating my own R2D2-like robot. It was pretty cool, except for all the little kids that touched my own robot and wanted to play with it and their parents who glared at me for playing with what they thought was only for kids. For dinner, we had my favorite seven courses of beef for dinner. It was delicious!

I went shopping with Connie, my mom, and Annika on Saturday, and boy was I tired at the end. We must have walked the length of the mall 8 times or something. I bought a few things at the H&M. We were there for 5 hours. Afterward, the whole family (including our adopted member Lyndsay) went to Houston's to eat for my sister's birthday. We were lucky and got a table within half an hour. I regretted getting the grilled halibut because I was still hungry at the end. This place definitely didn't think of presentation or well-rounded tastes very much, especially for the price of the dishes. I could have eaten really well at Season's here for the same price.

Lyndsay, Nick, and I stopped at forever 21 (yes, that's me...i just hit the legal age...forever) where I made Nick marvel at the selection of clothes they have there. We also went to beard papa for cream puffs. I liked the puff but I felt like I needed something to drink because the pate a choux was too dry for me. Plus, I almost dropped the vanilla cream onto my lap. Later, around 11, Nick and I went to Garden cafe because we were still hungry from dinner. I wish we had a place like that here. Think of all the college kids! Business would be great!

On Sunday we had breakfast at U2 cafe with my mom, Connie, and Annika. I got eggs, bacon, toast, chicken macaroni soup, and tea...for $4.50! You gotta love cheap breakfast! Then we went to Target and my mom bought me toiletries and then some groceries at the asian market. It was worth the trip home for that alone. It was a nice break from work to be home and getting to see family and Syl and Lyndsay.
***
Oh, and this week Nick accepted a job offer to work for MGAL for the UCDavis campus. Genetic analysis of mice or something. Jerry also is probably going to accept a job offer from Acrometrix. Yay for jobs for them finally! I'm excited to not have to pay rent anymore! Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home