A new outlook
Hi guys. As the title of this post suggests (maybe more than that), I have been trying to have a new outlook on my situation in life. There are many good things: I have a job, friends, insurance, my family's in good health, and a boyfriend who loves me. I have been struggling recently with being lonely, having a boss that stresses me out, and having no definitely future plans past September.However, being in therapy (kind of necessary when I almost had a nervous breakdown two weeks ago) and being able to see my family over Chinese new year's makes me think that my perception of what my situation is, is affecting how I actually feel. Now, I just have to laugh at my boss's ineptitudes and miscommunications, be thankful I have a source of income, and hang out with my friends a lot more.
I also realized that I hadn't been taking very good care of myself...by neglecting the apartment and myself. I had just been so stressed out from work that I would just come home and veg on the couch, and if I was hungry enough, slap some food together. When Nick came on the weekends he would have to wash dishes and throw out the trash, etc because I was just too tired. Now, I try to think of dinners ahead of time and throw out the trash on my way to work in the morning. The apartment is still messy though! But at least the sink isn't full of dishes anymore.
Also another thing that brightens my day is that Nick says he's coming back for good this weekend! I'm excited but I'm not really believing it until he shows up with all his stuff. Things are always sort of rocky when we are apart...but we always have a lot of fun and eat lots of good food when we are together. I've missed him quite a bit these past two months, and I look forward to being able to wake up with him every day again soon.
So, a virtual "raise the glass" to this new outlook and to all of you for reading my rarely-updated blog!

1 Comments:
I feel ya, sharon....but hey, Nick is back! Even I'm excited about that!
-Syl
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home