Saturday, January 27, 2007

State of the...life




Hi guys, I'm back. Here are some pics from our trip! It was very relaxing on the coast, and the weather was awesome. We had tons of good food, ranging from a three course mushroom meal (Nick) to seared pheasant in pheasant and golden chanterelle mushroom consomme with root vegetables (me) to dungeness crab melts and tacos (both of us). I think, however, the best thing I had this weekend was the apple crisp dessert. The apple crisp came with fresh squeezed apple juice, a golden raisin something or other on fresh apple pieces, and brown butter gelato. The gelato was heavenly, and of course they only give you a tiny scoop of it. It was creamy and melt-in-your-mouth.

The place we stayed was adorable and definitely had character. I loved the easy access to the private cove, and that we could see the ocean from the breakfast parlor's window. Which reminds me...the breakfasts were amazing! We had crab crepes one day and crab and shrimp quiche the other day. I only wish I had my own private chef to make me breakfasts like that every morning! I decided that a dream of mine would be to one day own a home there that I could escape to every once in a while to get away from it all. I feel more relaxed just thinking about it.

Unfortunately, this past week at work has been full of frustrations, but also slight progress. I did feel like I wanted to shoot myself a few times after dealing with my boss, but I think I just need to take a deep breath and not take everything so hard. I just decided that I'm not the only one who has a difficult time working with him, and it's sometimes not because I'm incompetent. It's his nature.

In other, more hopeful news, I feel like I'm finally fitting in with my coworkers. It doesn't feel as forced or slightly uncomfortable anymore, and I am genuinely happy to see them and talk to them about our projects or the latest gossip. They have been very helpful and that's nice. We are interviewing people for a new position soon and then I'll really not be the newbie anymore! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home