Sunday, January 07, 2007

Home alone

So it has been 5 days of living alone since Nick left. I think that it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, helped by the fact that I had lots of leftovers so it was easier to think about what to bring for lunch, and that Nick and I play an mmorpg so we can "virtually" hang out.

The thing I need to work on is hanging out with people in real life. It's hard to get the courage up to ask people to hang out for when the time is right and the price is right. No one ever thinks of calling me to hang out and I know that it's entirely my fault of being with Nick 24/7. I didn't really have to ask people before because I already had a built-in hang out buddy. I'll try to work on this.

I've also been thinking of taking up yoga. There are a lot of yoga studios in town with various introductory offers. It's a pretty expensive habit, but one of my new year's resolutions was to get in shape! You gotta pay to see results, right? =) My other one ws to cuss less frequently, if not at all. I've been saying it unnecessarily and I need to cut that out because I am getting older and if I don't want to be perceived as juvenile, it has to start with me.

Speakingof which, I've been trying to dress more my age and not regress to my high school outfits. I realized that through college I just looked the same as I did in high school, and that's kind of sad. I refuse, however, to give up my converse.

So many new, exciting possibilities for 2007. Hopefully at the end of it I'm a more independent, self-assured, and confident woman (who is actually in shape!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home