Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Words

I like words, thus the name of this blog. I love words used correctly. So today I was browsing through pictures on People online (this is what you do when you are procrastinating on cleaning the house), I came across a picture of Renee Zellweger holding a fan's sign for all the paparazzi to see:

GEORGE CLOONEY ROCK'S

Now really, was that apostrophe necessary? Come on, people. Stop the superfluous use of the apostrophe whenever you have an S at the end of your word!

Thank you. End of rant.

In other geeky word news, I really like that new Lupe Fiasco song, "Superstar." Why? Because he uses the word uncouth in it. Dorky, I know. But seriously, have you ever heard a rapper use that before? Not in a radio-played song, that's for sure. It's getting to be the thing in rap, using big words in your songs. Just the other day I heard Jay-Z use the word vehemently in his song "I Know," blending it in to his rhymes by pronouncing it ve-e-mently. More big words with more than three syllables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home