Shopping a la Angelina
I am a sucker for outlet stores. I admit it. So after we had lunch in Yountville, as detailed over at Bistro For Two, Nick and I headed over to the Napa outlets. It's quite a bit smaller than the Vacaville outlets, which is closer, but we found really good things in Napa last time. It was no different this time.Let's start with Nick's haul first. He got a new pair of casual shoes which I love love love. Coincidence that I happened to spot them first, right? We've been looking for shoes to replace his worn out adidas shoes that he got when we visited the Vaca outlets with Syl, Alan, Allen and Ryan. Way back in 2005.
He also got a khaki blazer at J. Crew that he picked out himself. I repeat: I had nothing to do with this purchase, except for admiring when he tried it on again for my benefit. I was amazed. I mean, we looked at similar jackets in the past at h&m and banana republic, but there wasn't that much enthusiasm coming from his corner.
Okay, maybe I was a bit too technical for his available clothes terminology. Anyway, it fit him great and it was on sale. So yay for him.
As for me, I knew my wallet was in trouble when we passed by the Barneys New York outlet store. Why? There, in the window, were at least two of the cutest, smartest-looking trenches I had seen recently. I've been dying to get a trench coat since I saw Angelina Jolie in her ubiquitous black one with black heels in some paparazzi photo. It just seems so useful! (At least that's what I'll tell my mom when she asks)
Once inside, Nick mentioned he remembered stopping in this store the last time we were here (2006) which I didn't recall at all. When pressed for details, all he said was "I remember sitting and waiting a long time." Hilarious, because I knew he would be doing it again. After trying on the Barneys Co-op trench I would eventually buy, I tried on a $395 Marc by Marc Jacobs trench that, even at extra small, I was swimming in. However, that could have been the look he was going for, who knows.
I also tried on this yellow trench that I knew was impractical but would have been so perfect for spring, if it had fit. I then amused myself by trying on some plain (but expensive!) Manolo Blahnik shoes and some Lanvin flats. I also attempted to lift this extremely heavy leather purse by aforementioned Marc Jacobs. It must have been at least 10 pounds, empty.
In the end, I wandered out with my trench coat that cost me $120. It's light but lined, and in a neutral that I hope will match a lot of my future fabulous outfits. Hey, its product name is Angelina. It's a sign. Maybe one of these days I'll be wearing it over some super cute dress with black heels, doing my best to imitate Angelina. Ha!

1 Comments:
I love that trench!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home