Shoes = therapy
While shopping at the outlets for a birthday present for Connie, I managed to get myself:1. More bento supplies
2. Two and a half pairs of shoes. Half, you ask? I got a pair of flip flops, but I tell myself that's not really a new pair of shoes...
As for the other two pairs, I forgot to take a picture of the first, so you can check them out on Piperlime here. They are super comfortable and much cuter than my other black privos. I love the silver leather and I got them for $29.95, which gave me 25% off my second pair, which were the privo flip flops.
The second pair I fell in love with the moment I saw them (in another color) in the Nine West outlet store window. I've been wanting a pair of comfortable but cute moccasins forever, but struck out so far in all the ones I've tried. I settled on a pair of navy blue suede mocs that were on sale for $29.95 off of the original $75 price tag. They are so comfortable!
I was just sad when I noticed that the right shoe was a bit faded compared to the left shoe, probably because it had been on display before. However, I was so in love with them I decided to get them anyway. When the salesgirl rang me up and asked me if I had a good experience, I mentioned being sad about the discoloration. She commiserated and then game me 10% off "for the damage." Score!
Here they are in all their glory:
I did manage to get a gift for Connie, if you were wondering.
In other news, I found out we get Friday off for Cesar Chavez, so this means Thursday is now my last day of work. It is a lot more difficult saying goodbye to people than I thought it would be, so I'm trying to work my way through it. I am looking forward to my month-long vacation, though.
The unexpected three-day weekend and stress of leaving work and travel plans for grad schools made me want to get away, so I booked a last minute stay at a small boutique hotel in Petaluma for the weekend. I've never done it this late before, so I'll be killing time at work looking for things to do in that area. I'm excited!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home