CSA thoughts
I have been thinking about joining a CSA, which stands for community-supported agriculture. I buy shares, which are about $17, and for each share (which is per week) I get a box of what's fresh that week. I'm going to opt to have a box every two weeks, and I get to pick it up locally. I'll get organic, fresh produce and the local farm gets supported.I'm considering Full Belly Farm in Guinda, CA. I'm super excited about getting a box of vegetables as a surprise, and figuring out what to do with it that week. I've already discovered a few blogs documenting their recipes with their box contents. I think it will help me be creative with bentos as well, and live a bit healthier too, with the organic produce and the ability to craft no-waste lunches.
On one of those blogs I came across the pro-organic Star Wars parody called Grocery Store Wars. It's pretty funny.
I'll try documenting my boxes on bistro 42 as well. I hope that this inspires more people to join local CSAs and support their local farms.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home