Friday, October 13, 2006

Davis, ho!

Well, here I am back in Davis, after a whirlwind three days of Lyndsay visiting! The bus ride on Sunday was super long, and made me think it was 3am when it really was only midnight. Our days revolved around food, because that's pretty much how I live my life these days. I took Lyndsay to the arboretum and luckily she was impressed with the plant collections and the redwood forest. So nerdy!

We had a great intimate dinner party on Monday with two of my closes friends here, Joanna and Jessica, and Nick's good friend Jason. They told lots of stupid math jokes that were hilarious and then we listened to Joanna talk about the history of Red Bull. The menu: Tomato vegetable soup with basil and parmigiano reggiano, Chicken with shallots and garlic, and mashed potatoes. For dessert we had strawberry jello with cool whip, and moscato wine. After everyone left we played Clue and Nick won. Grr, I was so close!

The next day we had lunch with Nick's lab. They came over for leftover tomato vegetable soup, and curry egg salad sandwiches. Yum! Then we played Cranium and Nick and Jerry were surprisingly good together, and rolled lots of purples to beat me and Lynds. For some reason Lyndsay knew that Alanis Morisette was a childhood pop star and this was a factoid we were asked...so we got it!

We also went to Ciocolat and got two types of mousse cakes: passionfruit and guava. The passionfruit was too sour for me but I think Lyndsay liked it. Afterward we had dinner. I made catfish with black bean sauce, broccoli with oyster sauce, and rice. We made plans with Nick's freshman roommate Sean to go to the corn maze in Woodland. It was really fun! I just wanted to get hopelessly lost, but Sean was too good and always managed to find the way to the exit. We played Life here afterward and Lyndsay won that. But I was a close second!

This post is getting long and it's time for lunch. So I'll write about Eric's visit next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home