What a busy week!
This week was full of stuff that I had to do. I had to work full time two days this week because of an experiment regarding the bacteria we were working with. It was a time course so we had to look at them uder the microscope every 3 hours. I thought I would have time in between, but instead I was prepping for the next time slot or washing glassware. I think I really would prefer not to work in the lab as a job for the rest of my life, but I don't know what else I'm qualified for.Oh, and I applied for 4 jobs on Friday. 3 of them I applied online through Aerotek, which is a scientific recruiting company. They find the people for these companies. If I remember correctly, these three jobs were: plant cell biologist, quality assurance tech, and an environmental lab analyst. The fourth job was for a marketing assistant at Agraquest, a natural pesticides company located here in Davis. I spent the most time on this one because it required a cover letter. I felt like I was writing my personal statement for college all over again!
I hope I get some sort of reply from these job inquiries.
Also, this week Nick and I found out that his cousin is having an engagement party on August 26th. This throws a wrench in our moving plans because we were supposed to get the keys that ay, turn in our check, and start moving things in before we get our uhaul on the 27th. Also, it means I have to see his parents at the same time or after he tells them that we're moving in together. I did not want to do this!! Grr.
I hope this coming week brings some resolution. Oh! I also put my bed up for sale on craig's list. I hope it does well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home