Monday, August 21, 2006

So much is happening!

So, my interview with Aerotek was okay. It took me 1.5 hours to get there, then I had to kill 1.5 hours until the actual interview, which was only 30 minutes long. Nothing too difficult. They just asked me what I wanted to do, and then they talked a lot about their company and the job I would be doing.

Turns out it's a QA job, sort of. He said it involved swabbing. Now, I didn't really know what this meant but I nodded my head like I did. Then he said I had to update my resume. He gave me the weekend to think about this contract job that will hopefully pay me $16-17 an hour.

So today, I updated my resume with all these molecular cloning techniques. Those that I happened to learn today. Haha. Nick's lab gave me a crash course in lab technique so I would be ready for my job. It was quite an experience and I was super tired at the end of it. I also have the interview with the actual company on Thursday. Nick's grad student says it sounds like I have the job.

Oh, plus Nick and I went to Ikea and spent money there buying basics and bedding. I made the mistake of asking my mom for some money. BAD idea. She didn't seem impressed or supportive when I told her about this job i'm up for, saying "that's it?" for the pay rate. Also, she referred to Nick as "your friend" and insinuated that he was forcing me to pay for everything and that's why I was asking for her money. I was so mad and upset that I started crying right there in the self-serve furniture area. It was embarrassing.

I know that she doesn't support my choice to live with Nick. But does she have to be so nasty about it? I told her to forget that I ever asked her for money. I also wanted to tell her to forget ever calling me in the future. But I didn't. Because my friend's mom just passed away suddenly and he didn't even get to say goodbye. I don't want my last possible conversation with her to be one full of mean insinuations and hurt.

We'll see how it goes. I'm pretty stressed right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home