Saturday, August 26, 2006

Move-in weekend!

So, right now I'm sitting at Nick's house waiting to go to the engagement party. I hope it goes well and that we can leave on time to be back at Davis at a decent hour. Tomorrow we have to pick up our Uhaul at 8am. So early!

On Thursday Nick and I drove down to Foster City for my interview. After a bit of trouble finding the place, I went to the office. I met with Wai and Calvin. Calvin happens to be the owner of the company and was very intimidating. They told me a lot about the company and about the job, which sounded really tedious and boring to me. They also told me there were two shifts available: day shift and swing shift. Unfortunately, I was put on the spot and said I preferred day, but I guess swing was okay. Swing shift is 3:30pm to 12:30am, plus 12 hours on the weekend. Not nice!

Afterward Nick and I went to the Ranch 99 and the mall and ate at CPK. I thought about the job all the way back and regretted saying the swing shift would be okay. I mean, I did not feel safe having to drive home at 12:30am every day. so I told Aerotek that, but they told me Pharmatech had selected me for the swing shift, and there was no other option. I started crying because I did not want to do it and I had to tell them to decline the position for me. It was a hard decision.

This whole week has been crazy because of Nick's accident. He hasn't been 100% and we have to move tomorrow and it's crazy. Plus I have no job lined up and Nick doesn't either. His grad student has decided to leave his lab and we're all scrambling to find jobs. So stressful!! Plus my health insurance is about to expire and my God, the future is coming up fast!

Good luck everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home