It's the weekend! I thought it would never come. It's been a sad half-week for me, as I said goodbye to the high school student in our lab, Zaneb. She gave an awesome presentation that brought back a lot of memories for me, because I was in the same program 5 years ago.
Nick also had two students in his lab, Sindhu and Connie. They were really fun. We gave them all cards to wish them luck in their college decisions. I wish I could go back to that time again. It was so exciting, deciding on colleges, seeing where you would spend the next four years of your life. Now that I'm at another crossroads, I see how important and (relatively) easy that decision was.
This morning Nick and I went to a garage sale to find a tent, because I really really want to go camping. No luck. But! I did get two books: "The Remains of the Day" by Kazuo Ishiguro and the pulitzer prize winner "The Shipping News" by E. Annie Proulx (who also wrote "Brokeback Mountain") for a grand total of $1.75. Nothing makes me happier than new books. Okay, maybe a $5,000 shopping spree with no strings attached. Or maybe a solid plan for my future. Either one.
Time to get on with the rest of my weekend. Hopefully it's full of plans. Okay, I know I just used "hopefully" in a manner that is not grammatically correct. Oh well.

1 Comments:
Hey, tell me how remains of the day is. I own it, I think for my British lit class, but I don't remember reading it at all. I'm looking for something new to read. Good thing you caught your own mistake so that didn't have too. Hehe.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home