Monday, June 23, 2008

Nucleus

This past weekend I was home for Annika's birthday party. After a stop at Fosselman's with Vinh where I had a scoop of their luscious dark chocolate (what I wouldn't give to take a half gallon with me on the plane), Nick and I cruised down Main Street and passed by Nucleus. It was still open at 9:30 so we swung around for a "quick" visit.

They featured a new exhibit called "Into the Woods" based on children's stories, and every piece was amazing. Kazu Kibuishi's work was what I liked best, especially when I realized it was based on Totoro, which I watched in April at Connie's place. Nick liked Chris Appelhans's work which was also very good.

My favorite Kazu piece:"Leaf Ghosts" $450

I ended up with two 8.5x11" prints:

"New Leaves" By Kazu Kibuishi


"Kite Operations 1" by Chris Appelhans


Nick bought two shirts, one with a Kazu Kibuishi print and the other by Chris Appelhans! We didn't know it was a Chris Appelhans shirt at all. I guess we are consistent in what we like!

"Pachyderm Forest" by Kazu Kibuishi


"Turtle" by Chris Appelhans

I'm very excited and glad that we got to catch the exhibit before it ends June 30. I really should visit Nucleus more often when I'm at home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home