Thursday, November 16, 2006

Worker's exhaustion

So today was the first day I felt like I was tired of work and didn't really want to be there. I've tried to approach each day with enthusiasm and knowing that this is the calm before the storm. The storm being, of course, the whole project thing. My boss has been asking me to make the whole delta15 analysis process faster, and I don't know how. I guess now that I'm in the working world, I need to produce results as fast as possible and it's stressing me out. The scope of this project is huge, and I don't know how I'm going to handle it all in 2007 with the continual assays, and keeping up of plants in the greenhouse. I mean, I don't even know how to grow plants hydroponically!

Today I rode my bike for the first time since Nick's accident. I am so out of shape! But to make myself feel better, I think my bike's tires were flat. You know, from lack of use. I had been dreading running the errands on campus, but I used the opportunity today to get away from my coworkers who have been annoying me with their exclusionary (if unintentional) ways.

Tomorrow is Friday and I hope I get a lot done tomorrow so that I'll feel better about myself, my job, and where I am in life right now. As people we always want to see some kind of validation, whether it's from other people or from what we accomplish. I hope I get some soon.

As an end note, I'll leave you with an amusing excerpt from one of the journal articles I was reading today:
"This is not simply a matter of average versus local nitrogen supply because root growth, like politics, depends primarily on local conditions."

Haha. I love how he snuck in a statement about political theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home