Sunday, October 22, 2006

Money matters

So in addition to the stress provided by the GREs, I have something else to occupy my worrying days. It's October 21, which means rent for November is due in less than two weeks. This is $900 that Nick and I do not have.

Now, I know I can probably ask my mom for my share, but I don't know how we're going to get another $450. Nick's parents will not give us the money, because they're pissed off that he has to pay rent at all, when he could be living at home rent-free.

Even if I work at my lab job full time starting now, I will not get that money in time. I've been taking time off to study for the GREs. What do I do? Do I ask my mom for more, and risk her being mad that I have to pay Nick's share? Do I just deplete my account and hope I get a job soon enough? And why won't any companies call us back for interviews?

We're getting desperate, and Nick will probably have to get some service job while I try working more at the lab. I hope a solution presents itself soon about rent because I'm starting to feel physically sick worrying about our lack of jobs and lack of money and getting through the day-to-day.

If the next time you see me I look worse than usual, you'll know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home