Weekend
This past weekend Nick and I drove home for my dad's birthday. The drive down was long and tiring, especially since we got there around rush hour and had to wait in traffic for over an hour. Part of the reason we got there at that bad time was because we stopped at Harris Ranch for some beef-filled lunches that were really not worth the money we paid for them. However, now I can say that I've eaten where Nugget gets its beef from. Yay!We had dinner with all of my cousins from my mom's side for my cousin's birthday, and it was good. I got to meet all of their significant others and evaluate them. My cousin Christine is dating this 24 year old and calls him "Biggy." She's 18. This creeps me out, but I guess he's alright. Not too impressed, though. Stephanie is dating someone her age, thank God, but he seems unmotivated to me. He is nice, but I was not pleased that he got D's in math in two separate semesters. I mean, is it really that bad to have hopes that my cousins will date people that are academically smart?
Annika was as cute as ever, and man did she ever like Nick. She calls him "Uncle Nick" and she kept hugging him and stuff. She even fed him fruit snacks that she NEVER shares with anybody! it was hilarious. She's so big now and says a lot of things. I'm always constantly amazed.
We also went to Disneyland and went on lots of rides. However, we didn't get to go on our #1 ride...the submarines! The wait was 3 hours long. I mean, come on. We did get to go on the redone-for-the-movie Pirates of the Caribbean ride, the new Space Mountain, Mr. Toad's wild ride, Indiana Jones, Star tours, and the Jungle cruise. It was fun, but I was tired by 5:30. I'm not a kid anymore and I can't stay there all the way until midnight! I feel old.
This is a fast post and I'm sorry it was so badly structured, but I need to write on the other blogs. How did I end up with three?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home