Summer
louche | LOOSH | adjective : not reputable or decentThe word of the day makes me think of the modern day equivalent: loose, which in turn makes me think of the Nelly Furtado album of the same name. That album, to me signifies summer. I got it last year in the summer and listened to it nonstop. When you listen to a particular album, it begins to be associated in your mind with what you are going through in your life at that time. That's what it was like for me.
During the winter it brought back the feeling of freedom and the intense heat of the summer season. I eventually had to stop listening to it during the winter because I didn't want to associate it with the dreary cold.
Now that it's June, I'm letting myself listen to it again. It makes you wanna dance, and epitomizes fun in the sun. Summer is my favorite season. My ideal temperature is 85 degrees and I love the smell of sunblock. This makes me think that I could never live anywhere that was cold all the time. My ideal vacation involves relaxing at a tropical resort with amazing food.
Summer is the season of dreams and change. This might be because the most amazing things happened to me during the summer. It makes me think all things are possible. Summer is when I experienced the other side of the world, became an adult, and was dealt my first heartbreak. It's ironically sort of chronicled in the Nelly Furtado album. Haha.
I think the most life-changing summer was the summer that I was seventeen. It was an experience that I had never experienced, and will never experience again. It still affects me to this day, seeing as it's one of the main reasons I chose to go to Davis. I often wonder where I would be if that summer didn't happen to me, and I'm at a loss. I am the person I am today because of it.
I look forward to this summer because I think that it's the calm before a big change in my life. I'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home