Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thinking

euphemism | YOO-fuh-miz-um | noun : the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant; also : the expression so substituted

I feel like euphemisms happen a lot at work. Here, you don't want to offend anyone. I definitely don't say things as bluntly as I could for fear of having a reputation of a bad attitude. A certain person in our building is sometimes grating, nosy, or frustrating. However, when people ask me, I say that I think she's interesting and definitely likes to talk alot. Sometimes she walks over to our lunch table and surveys our food, and acts hurt if we've left nothing for her. I know it's all a joke, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood that day.

It's like work has changed me. I used to just say what I thought and not care about it at all. In a way, I think that this is a change for the better, because I should be able to cope with things at work and not be impetuous. I hope that I am growing up and becoming more mature. However, the one thing I am holding on to from my adolescence is the thing that affects us all: PROCRASTINATION. =)
***

In other news, I got my new camcorder in the mail today! It's this cute little white camcorder that has its own memory capable of holding 30 min of film time. I can't wait to take it to the Bahamas and film Annika being cute. It even has a USB thing so you can immediately download it onto your computer, and it comes with cables so you can display it on your tv! I'm so excited!

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger Sylvia said...

Are you gonna post the cool vids on your aweesome blog?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home